Sunday, February 28, 2010

Kaleidoscopes Continued...











I'm so excited about the kaleidoscopes that the Prickly Piecers created yesterday at the Fire Station in Chandler that I have to play with another one. I want to see "what if"? "What if" I use a 12" square piece of freezer paper for the template instead of the 18" we used yesterday? Well, for one thing, it will make the finished piece smaller (the center will be more like 24" inches by 24" than 36"x36"). For yet another change, with the smaller pieces I decided to use one piece of fabric per template section rather than the strata (fabric created from strips of fabrics sewn together). For a color palette, I worked with pinks and blacks from my stash left over from the "Katz Pizzazz" that won a Best of Show at the Macon County Fair in Illinois this past summer. Here are a couple of photos of the quilt in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment