Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Quilt Show Additions







I posted more quilts to www.thequiltshow.com with Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson. Here are the quilts, but be sure to visit them at The Quilt Show.

The first one is from a class I took at Road to California in January with Melinda Bula. She's a great teacher, vey supportive of her students.

The second piece is called "Tucson" and is done from a photograph I took at the Sonoran Desert Museum in Tucson, Arizona on one of my many trips there. I used an Electic Quilt fabric sheet, my HP wide-bed printer, and my personal photo to make this original piece of art. It' a sample for a class I teach called "Crop & Colorize" in which I teach how to use the fabric sheets, printers and your photos to make masterpieces. This one is simple yet very effective. I used my own hand-dyed fabric for the border to further personalize the piece. Sharon Brooks added minimal quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment