Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Shearing Festival




The Tucson Spring Shearing Festival is two weeks from today and I'm getting excited. It is being held at Withers Ranch, 4010 WestPalo Seco , in Tucson, AZ from 9-3 on Saturday, March 27th. I was a vendor at last Fall's Tucson Wool Festival and I demoed making felted spirals, felted embellishments, and silk paper for Kathy. This year my efforts will focus on felted landscapes, which is a mutual interest that Kathy and I share. During the day, Kathy gives a free informative tour of her working fiber ranch where she raises alpacas, angora goats and rabbits, llamas and several kinds of sheep. Kathy dyes and spins her natural fibers and sells both supplies and finished products through her studio. A variety of merchants (including Gypsy Studios) will be available. Contact Kathy at www.uniquedesignsbykathy.com or call her at 502-572-3758 for additional information. It is a fun family day for all ages and I highly recommend it!