Saturday, January 29, 2011

Altered Photo Artistry

My second class at Quilting in the Desert was with Beth Wheeler and Lori Marquette. The first day was working from our own flower photographs, while the second day was working with collages. Since I've taught Imagery on Fabrics for 15 years now, much was the same, but my interest was in learning about the newest developments in ink and printers. I've read for quite some time now that pigment inks are the preferred for photo imagery and that Epson printers far surpass the others in quality of printing on fabrics. Beth actually went out and purchaed an Epson 1100 Workforce between classes which was a great testimonial to the superiority of Epson's quality. The Durabrite inks used by Epson (and others) has come highly recommended to me and I'll now pursue that printer.

The second day (digital collage) was great fun working with layers in Photoshop Elements. 

No comments:

Post a Comment