Sunday, September 25, 2011

Grand Canyon Revisited

Another weekend at the Canyon. Beautiful Fall weather for photography and for walking the trails. What could be more peaceful or inspiring? First, lunch at El Tovar, the gourmet dining room, and next standing out in the air and admiring the strength and the stability of the ageless rocky formations... simply breathtaking.


Recovering from my heart event, I wasn't able to do the stairs to the top of the 70' structure called the Desert View Watchtower, but I did get hubby to go up and take a photo for me as I rested on a nearby picnic table. This photo from the upper ceilng inside was amazing. It's located on the South Rim. I'll need to go back and see it myself. I'm a fool for petroglyph-style decorations. Meanwhile, I'll have to do a small quilt about it and share it with all of you. It begs for quilting and with spoonflower.com, I can use this actual photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment