Thursday, April 25, 2013

Gelli Whisk Rose

Gelli Whisk Rose
And so...no more scrambled eggs at my house. I used my kitchen whisk to make a rose in the upper right corner of this gelli print done on artist's canvas. I had made a background using purples and greens that I wasn't really thrilled with, and it kept telling me it needed red. Red. Red. And I wanted circles, but not whole circles, just that effect. So out came the kitchen spiral whisk that I use to make scramble eggs. Or should I say that I formerly used for eggs? Now it is my newest tool for creating flowers. Mary and I had too much fun playing with this, springing and springing and springing the gadget dipped in the red paint. And then...as true collaborators so often do, Mary got even further inspired and ran to get her "old red frame that had been in the closet for years with seemingly no purpose." Magnifique!

What's hiding in your closet that is just perfect for your project?  

2 comments:

  1. I love the red whisk rose in the upper corner. It makes the print and Mary's frame just tops it off!! Great teamwork! There goes scramble eggs at my house! Doesn't everyone need a whisk for their artwork?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who cooks anymore? I'm too busy making art! How about you?

    ReplyDelete