Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Twinnies

"Twinnies" is one of a set of quilts that I made at a quilt retreat at the fabulous Ritter Ranch in Sajuarita, AZ in the spring. I made matching small quilts for me and my dear friend Barbara to represent our close bond. We've attended many camps and classes together and always had a wonderful time.

The sunflowers in the center are 6" squares with petals stenciled onto my own hand-dyed fabrics with Shiva Paintsticks. There is a quarter inch border of yellow and then an inch of plum before the final sunflower batik border.

The quilt is currently with Ginger Daugherty of Blue Magic Quiltworks of Mesa, AZ as she quilts sunflower designs into it. I'm anxious to post the finished quilt.

The quilt first appeared in Love of Quilting magazine by Fons and Porter in the July/August 2006 issue. It was in an article by Shelley Stokes entitled "Sunflower".  I have saved the pattern and fabrics for just the right opportunity and this was it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment