Thursday, June 24, 2010

Creativity Unleashed! I'm doodling...



I signed up for an online class with Traci Bautista for some creative summer fun! I selected Creative Doodling for my first class with Traci. Here are my first two black and white doodle pages. You are suppose to start your work with circles. This first was one done using Sharpie pens found in my studio. Then after a trip to my friend JoAnn's (you know, she's local here-just down the street and she has almost everything I need when I'm starting out a new pursuit. And I love her 40% off bargains.) There I found Pitt pens by FaberCastell and I was amazed at the smoothness of them. They just flowed across the page unlike my Sharpies, where the nibs sometimes get caught upon the page itself. I used a variety of sizes but most especially the "big brush". It didn't bleed through like the Sharpie onto subsequent pages of my journal. Note to self, bleeding is not a good thing, whether it's bodily fluid, fabric dyes or ink on paper. Avoid when possible. Back to my friend JoAnn's for more Pitt pens. Can't wait to see what's next. Google Traci Bautista for more info. I'm having a blast and what a good investment in myself. The class is open from now until the end of August, so I can play and play. Trust me, I will...