Saturday, April 21, 2012

Zentangles



Zentangles #1 In Class
This is my first official Zentangles done in a class taught by Certified Zentangles Teacher Kitty at Frenzy Stamper in Scottsdale. www.frenzystamper.com It features four traditional Zentangle patterns, Crescent Moon (center), Static (left of center), Printemps (far left) and Hollibaugh (far right).

I have so far purchased five Zentangle books, Inspired by Zentangles: Fabric Arts, Quilting, Embroidery and Zentangle 4, both by Suzanne McNeill, Time to Tangle with Colors by Marie Browning, Yoga for Your Brain: A Zentangle Workout by Sandy Steen Bartholomew, and Zenspirations: Letters & Patterning by Joanne Fink. All are published by Design Originals and are available through Amazon or at www.d-originals.com.

My second design was also done in class and features several Zentangle designs, including Rain, Rick's Paradox, Floorz, Knightbridge, Bales, and Keeko.

Zentangles #2 In Class 
Here is my final tile, which is what the official papers that Zentangles are created on. They are 3 1/2" by 3 1/2" square and are delightfully small so that they can be easy transported and worked on spontaneously as time permits. I love that feature. I did this tile later at home so that I could practice more. I get Zentangle inspired designs delivered daily through www.tanglepatterns.com, if you, too, are in interested in receiving patterns.

Zentangles #3 At Home Later
I love it! One word of caution though, it is very addicting. I couldn't sleep because I enjoyed it so much that I couldn't stop and go to bed, and then I couldn't sleep because new ideas kept popping into my head. And after a sleepless night, I was ready to go for more...