Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Gelli plate printing again....


Yes, I know, I'm always bragging on my friends. This is LaVon's fabulous gelli print quilt. I love it!  She's done such a great job of the quilting. I love the shimmering silver threads by Sulky that she used. Again, just "el cheapo" acrylic craft paint on white muslin. Stamped with a harlequin design. Just yummy.

This is what the gelli print looked like when she finished it, before it was heat set and quilted. It was wonderful then, but the quilting made it so much more...uh, I think fabulous is the word I'm looking for.

What did I do for fun before I found the gelli plate and introduced it to my friends? I can't remember. It's my favorite go-to technique.

We're in a group called the Art Players and we meet every two weeks to share ideas, thoughts, techniques, trials and triumphs. LaVon brought 5 finished art pieces she had done with gelli printing.


3 comments:

  1. Very nice, effective quilting and use of complimentary colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'll pass your kind words along to my friend LaVon. I agree, she did a beautiful job.

      Delete