Sunday, January 20, 2013

Registering AAQI Quilts

Today I registered 13 Alzheimer's Quilt donations through AAQI. 12 of them were gelli prints, including the one you see to the right. The Alzheimer's quilts are donated for auction with the money going to Alzheimer's research. My donations right now have totaled $979.40. As a member of the $1,000 Promise group, I have committed to donate quilts at least until my personal donation monies have totaled $1,000...so I'm $20.40 short. And I want to keep donating.

I mailed the quilts in, they will be appearing shortly on my page and will be added to the quilts to be auctioned monthly online. If you haven't donated a quilt, please consider doing so. These little quilts I'm doing with the gelli plates are a perfect size, finishing approximately 8" by 10". The size limitation for the AAQI quilts is 9" x 12" so that they can fit into a priority mail envelope to be shipped to the winning bidder. This quilt will be available for bid soon at www.alzquilts.org. Meanwhile, there are many others that can be chosen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment