Friday, January 18, 2013

Quilt Show Sneak Preview 2013

Here is a sneak preview of my Self Portrait Challenge quilt from my local quilt group that will be in the statewide quilt show at the Mesa Convention Center on March 14-16. It is nearly ready to quilt and the entry was due today. Whew! I made it, got it in, it doesn't have to be quilted yet just photographed as a recognizable quilt. The quilting will come later. It will be 11" by 17" and is a "replica" of the photo that appears on my website and blog. It will be interesting to see what it looks like in finished form.

I also entered another quilt which is completed except for the binding/facing. I haven't decided which yet. It's further along, though, the quilting is done. And yes, my friend Sharon Brooks quilted this one for me. It's spectacular. She's a wonderful quilter and has certainly done justice to this one. More on it later...

For more information on how you can see these quilts at the annual Arizona Quilters Guild Show in March, go to www.azquiltersguild.org and select Quilt Show.

Here are some of the earlier versions of this quilt as it was coming together. An I-Pad and Adobe Elements Touch made it relatively easy to do. Ii just couldn't figure out how to do a black-line drawing so I had to do that manually.





No comments:

Post a Comment