Monday, June 21, 2010

Decision Portraits by Susan Lenz

I've been a longtime member of the quiltart list on the internet (www.quiltart.com) and read with interest a call for subjects, quilters who had a story to tell that would help to complete a series by an artist whom I had never met, Susan Lenz. She was looking for subjects for her Decision Portraits series. These subjects would need to volunteer to share a personal story, a deeply personal story.

I am very honored to be included as one of those subjects. With Susan's permission, I am posting the finished piece which features my story. More information can be found at http://artbysusanlenz.blogspot.com/2010/06/for-science-decision-portrait.html. Please look if you feel so inclined, and learn more about Susan's series and my participation in it. As of this date, 75 portraits are completed.


Susan's Decision Portrait Series will be exhibited at the City Gallery at Waterfront Park in downtown Charleston, South Carolina.  This exhibition is a leading visual arts event during the annual MOJA arts festival.  The dates are:  September 10 - October 10, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment